Here at Center4Speech, we are continually searching for evidence based programs and materials that will increase the amount of progress of our clients. Some of the programs that we offer include:
- The Kaufman Speech Protocol – used with clients that have been diagnosed with Apraxia of Speech and severe phonological disorders. It was developed by Nancy Kaufman CCC/SLP who is a worldwide leader for her expertise in the area of apraxia of speech.
- The SCERTS Model for Autism Spectrum Disorders – A comprehensive educational approach that is used to help diagnose and treat our clients with Autism. It was developed by Dr. Barry M. Prizant CCC-SLP, Dr. Amy M. Wetherby CCC-SLP, Emily Rubin, M.S. CCC-SLP, Amy C. Laurent, Ed.M., OTR/L. and Dr. Partick J. Rydell CCC-SLP.
- Hear Builder by Super Duper – A evidenced based phonemic awareness program that focuses on early literacy skills.
- Dynamic Resources, LLC. – Founded by Dr. Shari Robertson Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Dynamic Resources provides both speech language pathologists and parents with materials to improve oral and written language along with literacy skills. Center4Speech has purchased several of Dynamic Resources children’s books available for checkout so parents may reinforce literacy skills at home by reading to their children. The books are specially designed to focus on phonological awareness, and interactive reading techniques. Dr. Robertson is the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Seem more at: http://www.dynamic-resources.org/index.html
- Social Skills Builder – Founded by speech pathologists and sisters Jennifer Jacobs M.S. CCC-SLP and Laurie Jacobs M.A. CCC-SLP in 1999, Social Skill Builder provides appropriate tools for teaching social skills to children affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other language/learning difficulties. This software is backed by video-modeling research. “Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder may have to cope with considerable deficits in social and communication skills and a tendency to exhibit inappropriate behaviors in social situations. Social Skill Builder computer software is built on the principle that children, particularly those with ASD, learn social skills best through video modeling–observing appropriate behaviors on a monitor and, through repetition, learning to model those behaviors in day-to-day, real-life situations. The science behind the effectiveness of video modeling is strong. In numerous studies, comprising decades of scientific research, video modeling has been shown to be the most effective method for teaching social skills and target behaviors to children with autism.” – See more at: http://www.socialskillbuilder.com/video-modeling-research-overview/#sthash.Kl90xRyx.dpuf.
- Differentiated Processing Training Program – This comprehensive program trains auditory processing and language processing along a research-based neurological continuum. Intervention for auditory processing disorders using direct skills remediation and auditory training should incorporate a bottom-up (acoustic signal and auditory training) approach (ASHA, 2005; Chermak & Musiek, 2002).